Promote-Ed is a forum for the sector, from the sector and is in no way affiliated or connected to any government department.
In the best interest of keeping promote-ed a place of positivity, sharing good practice and generally a friendly place to discuss all things related to education we have to insist on a few rules.
The Promote-Ed forums are, as you would expect, overseen by a number of moderators. The Mods, Positive Promoters, The Happy Ones, or whatever you want to call them. They trawl through the forums at all hours reading those good news stories, being peace keepers, and are genuinely interested in what you have to say. Everything they do is in the best interest of protecting the forums for your ongoing use and enjoyment.
All we ask is that you respect each member and the role of each and every moderator, you may not necessarily agree with their opinion, but that’s what make the Promote-Ed forums a great place to be. A healthy debate that can shape and create positive change in a sector we all love. Feel free to reach out to a moderator if you want to discuss anything.
Every member has the ability to report a post, and we want to promote the use of this to everyone, when we receive a report on a post one of our moderators will remove this post until we have reviewed this to make sure it is in line with our forum rules.
We will not accept the individual targeting of members or the abuse of this powerful tool. If any members are found to be abusing this tool by targeting individual members a warning will be issued.
The moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
The Promote Community
Remember that when people help you, they are doing you a favour. Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with and refrain from snapping at people. Remain professional and courteous to all members. Our collective goals of Promoting Education to effect a positive change can only be met if everyone participates and respects these rules.
Let’s not forget the reason we have created this community. To make a difference to the education sector through the promotion, the sharing of issues and campaigning for a positive change.
- Personal insults/profanity towards other members, moderators or anyone connected to Promote-Ed
- Discussions on religion, sex or other topics not associated with the purpose of Promote-Ed (there are other places you can do this)
- Pornography, adult or mature content discussions. This includes any kind of nudity, partial or full
- Violent content
- Content that threatens or advocates for harm on oneself or others.
- Content that harasses, intimidates, bullies an individual or a group of individuals.
- Content that incites hatred against, promotes the discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalisation.
- Libellous content containing or constituting libel.
- Links, requests or discussions on how to access illegal content available in your country
- Reproducing licenced/copyrighted content
When sharing good news stories, articles or general topical news stories from other websites or discussions within the forums, please do not copy and paste the full article. Instead use an excerpt and add a link to the original content.
Advertising and Self Promotion
Your purpose in joining Promote-Ed should not be to promote, advertise or otherwise call attention to your own site, blogs, products or business. If you want to sponsor a specific forum please see this page xxxxxx
Self-promotion is not fair to our sponsors. Forum posts should be free of ads and promotions that benefit the member making the post. Legitimate recommendations and requests for help are permitted, but in ambiguous circumstances users without a previous forum track record will not be given the benefit of the doubt.
- Advertising – using the forums for advertising, site or product promotion, or for business deals and offers. You may not make posts to promote commercial, personal, or not-for-profit websites, products, or services. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organisations, build traffic at other websites, carry out business activities, or for similar purposes that do not benefit our members.
- Shilling – if you pretend to be a consumer who recommends your own product(s) or favors your own product(s) over others, without admitting your affiliation, you will be banned. Anyone who post in threads only to criticize a competitor’s product while promoting their own will also be banned.
- Soliciting – you may not use the forums to solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, petitions, product testing or employment opportunities/requests.
Memberships created solely for these purposes will be banned.
Any member that is found to have multiple accounts will have their accounts removed and permanently banned from the forums. If you are having any issues accessing your account please contact us for help.
At times we may feel that you have over stepped the mark and a warning will be given, issues via email to your registered account. Warnings are there to give you a quick heads up that your post or comment isn’t acceptable in the forums. Moderators will monitor the warnings given and when the time has come you may find yourself permanently banned. If we don’t receive a response to your warning within 24 hours we reserve the right to remove your access.
Moderators reserve the right to issue permanent bans without warning for more serious offences.